UH and the WGRC offers a campus-based resource to assist students, faculty, and staff who have been impacted by sexual violence (sexual misconduct- stalking, sexual harassment, domestic violence, sexual assault). This is a confidential resource. The SMSS Program Manager can help with:
- Emotional Support
- Understanding Rights & Responsibilities under the UH Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Understanding the Conduct Process
- Reporting Options (UH Police Department, Equal Opportunity Services/Title IX Coordinator)
- Referrals to campus and community-based resources
- Creating a Safety Plan
- Interim Accommodations for Students (ex. On-campus housing, academic classes)
For more information, to schedule appointment, or for assitance , contact the SMSS Program Manager.
Ashley Griffin, LMSW
Program Manager, Sexual Misconduct Support Services Coordinator
Women and Gender Resource Center - Student Center North Room 201
Spring 2018 SMSS Hours
Mondays, 10:00am – 12noon
Thursdays, 3:00pm – 5:00pm
*All other hours by appointment only
If someone you know has been impacted by sexual violence and you would like to refer them to the SMSS coordinator for support, please complete the SMSS Referral Form.
Please note: if you are a responsible employee, you are still required to report the incident to the Title IX Coordinator . Completing the SMSS Referral Form is not a substitute for official Title IX reporting.