Call for Nominations NOW OPEN!
The National Student Employment Association (NSEA) designates one week each year for universities and colleges across the country to recognize the substantial contributions of students who work on college campuses.
Here at the University of Houston, thousands of students are employed by the university, playing a key role in our educational, research, and operational excellence. Student employees perform invaluable services with enthusiasm, dedication, and initiative while developing technical and interpersonal skills and relevant experience.
University Career Services will be sponsoring this year's UH Student Employee of the Year.
Nominate your outstanding student employee before March 24, 2023. Qualifying nominees will receive recognition via website and social media as they are received and will be invited to attend the UCS Student Employment Week Events and SEW Awards Ceremony on April 14th during National Student Employment Week..
- UH Student Employee of the Year (Undergraduate) - scoring rubric
- UH Student Employee of the Year (Graduate) - scoring rubric
- Outstanding Diversity & Inclusion Award - scoring rubric
- Outstanding Leadership Award - scoring rubric
Please follow @CoogCareers on Instagram and be on the lookout for your nominations recognition post. Questions? Please contact Adalia Espinosa at firstname.lastname@example.org or Madison Brown at email@example.com.
10 Ways to Celebrate Your Outstanding Student Staff
- Nominate your student employee for a University of Houston Student Employee Award.
- Invite your student employee(s) for lunch at their place of choice.
- Attend fun UH events together as a team.
- Sponsor the registration or travel costs to attend opportunities aligned to their interests such as conferences or events.
- Showcase their contributions to your department through social media and/or website.
- Reward student employee contributions and performance with a pay increase.
- Approve time off their usual shift to participate in career development opportunities such as workshops, interviews, and career fairs.
- Surprise your student staff with individual and intentional recognition such as a handwritten thoughtful note with a gift card.
- Award your outstanding student staff with a Certificate of Recognition for major accomplishments or milestones.
- Set intentional time aside every semester for student-appreciation breakfasts, lunches, or other activities.
UPCOMING WORKSHOP: Translating My On-Campus Work Experience to my Professional Resume
April 12, 2023
Location: Student Center, Skyline Room
12-1pm – Lunch & Learn Workshop
1-3pm – Resume Drop-In Hours
Join us for a FREE lunch and learn how you can add your on-campus work experience and all your technical and interpersonal skills to your resume! Join us for lunch, giveaways, and more. Then stay after for UCS Resume Drop-In Hours for a 15 minute review! This event will be open to all students but information will be targeted to UH student employees. RSVP on Cougar Pathway for location details and email reminder.