Skip to main content


Permit Required to Ride Sugar Land Shuttle

UH Parking and Transportation Services has been working toward ensuring reliable Cougar Line shuttle service between UH and UH at Sugar Land for students who have classes at both locations. Students must have a valid UHSL shuttle permit linked to their digital Cougar Card to board. Ensure your digital Cougar Card is readily available for scanning prior to boarding. 

PLEASE NOTE:  Physical Cougar Cards will not be accepted.

At this time, there are no more shuttle permits left to distribute. Students can add themselves to the waitlist through their myParking account, but that is not a guarantee that one will be offered to them.

Frequently Asked Questions

How much does the shuttle permit cost?

Students who are taking classes at the main campus and in Sugar Land get it for free. Students who live on campus and are taking classes in Sugar Land also get it at no cost. Students who have a valid UH parking permit can also get it at no cost (Please note: Those with a UH at Sugar Land parking permit will have to pay the difference in price). For everyone else, the cost of the shuttle permit is $239 for the spring semester.

How will the shuttle driver know if I have a shuttle permit?

Students present their digital Cougar Card to be scanned by the Cougar Line shuttle drivers to determine if the individual has a valid shuttle permit. 

Please Note: Screenshots will not be accepted. Your digital Cougar Card must be shown in real-time against the moving background, showcasing the current date and time. 

How do I get my digital Cougar Card?

If you have a physical Cougar Card, then you should already be able to access your digital Cougar Card through the UH Go app.

First time accessing your digital Cougar Card? Follow these steps:

  1. Download the UH Go app
  2. Login using your Cougarnet account credentials
  3. Click on your Cougar Card icon that has your name, myUH# and Cougar Card#
  4. Tap 'QR' to generate the QR code for your digital Cougar Card 

What is the best transportation option if I only have classes at the UH at Sugar Land instructional site?

You can purchase a UH at Sugar Land parking permit to park at this location. If you need to travel to the UH main campus occasionally, you may use your UH at Sugar Land parking permit to park in Zone E. 

What are options for commuting from the Sugar Land area to the main campus, if I am unable to purchase a UH at Sugar Land shuttle permit and I only have classes at the main campus?

You can register for a parking permit through your parking account in AccessUH or METRO offers two direct routes to the main campus from the Mission Bend Transit Center – the Richmond and Beechnut buses. METRO also offers student discounted Q Cards, and for those students who qualify, you can register for the Coogs on Alternative and Sustainable Transportation service. Visit the COAST website to learn more about the bus and carpool COAST programs.