All requests require a "5-7 working day" processing time from the day after assigning your case with a staff member. To help meet your needs in a timely manner, we request you plan in advance when submitting documentation to our office.
Unless otherwise noted, submission requests should be by email. DO NOT submit requests by email and in-person simultaneously. This may greatly delay the processing of your request.
Important note: All email communication should include your student ID in the subject line.
- Employment application submissions for CPT or OPT-X
- Updates to current non-immigrant status
- Change of degree level or program extension requests
- Reduced Course Load forms
- Another school’s Transfer In form, ISSSO’s Transfer Out form and admissions letter
- Inter-Institutional concurrent enrollment forms for graduate students (specific agreements between UH & other schools)
- Social Security letter requests (pick-up is only in-person)
- Adding or removing dependents from your form I-20 or DS-2019
- Submission of concurrent enrollment evidence (schedule & grades)
The following updates to your I-20 or DS-2019 can be done by using our Reprint Request form found by visiting our forms and publications page and submitting by email.
- Reprints for travel, lost, stolen, or damaged documents
- F1 I-20 Updates for OPT, OPT-X, or H1-B Cap-Gap
- Change of Major, Financial Updates, Personal Information Updates, etc.
Note: Due to updated guidance from SEVP, form I-20’s can be sent by email. This will be our form of communication unless otherwise requested by you to pick-up the original. Social security applications will require an original form I-20 or one that is electronically signed. DS-2019’s cannot be sent by email and has to be picked up in-person with original signature.
Our Online Letter Request System can help you get necessary letters virtually which include:
- Enrollment verification
- Enrolling at another school (keeping your SEVIS record at UH):
- Concurrent enrollment (at the same time as classes at UH)
- Transient enrollment (temporarily during UH school breaks)
- Invitation (for graduation, visit, or for dependent visa)
You can access the request letters online by visiting our page.
In-Person Submission and Pick-Up are Available for These Requests:
- Travel endorsements on current form I-20 or DS-2019
- Pick-up original form I-20 (by student only) or DS-2019
- Letters for various needs, such as:
- Financial expenses
- Social Security Card application
- Foreign verification of enrollment for tuition purposes
- J-1 Exchange Visitor Check-In and submission of immigration documents
You may come to ISSSO in order to gather information regarding your status, events, or other relevant benefits. These may include:
- Applications for ISSSO scholarships
- Exchange Visitor insurance options
- Submission of changed non-immigrant status
- Pick-up ISSSO forms or handouts
- Reporting intended departure from the U.S. after completing your studies
- Review of ISSSO registration holds