Skip to main content

Apply for the Creative Work Minor

Creative Work Minor Academic Requirements

Listed below are the requirements to graduate with a Creative Work minor. All students in good standing at the University of Houston may request to add the minor.

  • A minimum of 18 semester hours of approved coursework
  • Foundational Course: HON 3310: Poetics & Performance
  • 12 additional hours, 6 of which must be advanced, selected from the approved list
  • One 4000-level capstone course: HON 4310: City Dionysia; HON 4315: Artists and Their Regions; IART 4300: Collaboration Among the Arts, or another 4000-level course approved by director
  • A minimum of 12 hours must be taken in residence
  • A minimum 3.25 minor GPA
  • Up to 6 credit hours of approved electives may be satisfied by internship with a local arts organization or by a senior honors thesis with approval of director

The Creative Work Minor is available to all students, both those already members of the Honors College and students who are not members of the Honors College. Students who are not currently members of the Honors College and plan to complete a minor in the Honors College may apply to and join the Honors College to be eligible to graduate with Collegiate Honors. For additional information on graduation with Collegiate Honors, review the graduation requirements and contact the student services office (713.743.9010 or to speak with an Honors advisor.

After completing the form below, you will be notified within 5-7 business days of the status of your request.

Apply here for the Minor in Creative Work.