In order to design and develop a successful a flipped classroom, the instructor can learn from other experienced instructors. In the digital edition of Campus Technology, 3 leaders in flipped classroom teaching shared some of best practices for flipping the classroom are highlighted below.
Feel free to access more best practices or share your own by joining this "Best Practice Forum."
Highlighted Best Practices
- Use existing technology to ease faculty and students into a flipped mindset.
- Be clear about your expectations.
- Step aside and allow students to learn from each other.
- Assess students' understanding of pre-class assignments to make the best use of class time.
- Set a specific target for the flip.
- Build assessments that complement the flipped model.