Focus: Online and Hybrid Courses
The Teaching Innovation Program (TIP) grant is an award opportunity for departments to develop and implement a plan for new and innovative approaches to teaching in online and hybrid environments. The Provost and Office of Academic Affairs are committed to providing resources and support to departments and faculty who can present a collaborative and innovative plan for accomplishing the TIP program objectives.
The Office of the Provost will consider proposals up to $10,000, with awards based upon merit and funding availability.
Proposals will be reviewed for the following:
1. Potential to enhance student performance. Preference will be given to proposals that address:
-Extending and integrating a system of cohesive strategies to increase student degree completion. OR
-Developing new learning delivery mechanisms and modalities that maximize the students' opportunities to learn in ways that best match their learning styles.2. Number of students to benefit from the project.
3. Sustainability and scalability (continuation and replication in future semesters) with a specific departmental plan for maintaining the innovation after the TIP support has expired.
4. Innovation of the project.
5. Realistic budget and timeline.
6. Assessment plan.
7. Accessibility plan to address how to deliver materials to students with disabilities who may or may not request DART Center accommodations.