This webpage provides a comprehensive location for links to information about the University of Houston on a variety of subjects that may be helpful to prospective students, their families, high school counselors, and coaches, as well as prospective employees, current students, and current employees. This information is presented to comply with the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, which requires institutions of higher education to disclose information and reports on various aspects of the institution's policies, procedures, operations, and costs; and to comply with state rules.
Non-Loan Related Disclosure Requirements
- (1) Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
A Student Notification is emailed to each enrolled student annually.
- (2) Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information
Student Financial Assistance
- (3) Student Financial Aid Information: Prospective Students / Current Students
- (4) Notice of Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- The Office of the Dean of Students sends out a notice of Federal Student Financial Aid penalties for drug violations annually. Drug and Alcohol education programs are provided to students through UH Wellness under the Division of Student Affairs and are described in the UH Biennial Review Report.
- (5) Study Abroad Programs
There are many instances in which your financial aid packages is applicable to a study abroad opportunity. It is best to speak with a Financial Aid Advisor for more information when you are exploring the possibilities of studying abroad.
General Institutional Information
- (6) Privacy of Student Records – Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). For additional information on FERPA, visit the U.S. Department of Education website
- (7) Consumer Information on College Navigator Website
- (8) Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities
- (9) Student Body Diversity
- (10) Cost of Attendance
- (11) Net Price Calculator
- (12) Refund Policy, Requirements for Withdrawal and for the Return of Title IV, HEA Financial Aid
- (13) Textbook Information and Internet Class Schedule
- (14) Academic Program (Educational Programs, Instructional Facilities, and Faculty)
Undergraduate Catalog and Graduate Catalog
- (15) Transfer of Credit Policies
- (16) Institutional and Program Accreditation and Approval. List of Accredited Programs.
For more information, contact the Office of the Provost.
- (17)Professional Licensure or Certification Disclosures.
The University of Houston is required under federal law to disclose information about its programs that may lead to a professional license or certification that is required for employment in an occupation. Specifically, the University of Houston is required to disclose whether these programs will fulfill the educational requirements for licensure or certification in each state where its students are located. The University of Houston is researching the educational requirements for licensure or certification outside of Texas.
At this time, the University of Houston has not made a final determination regarding whether completion of each of its undergraduate and graduate programs that may lead to a professional license or certification would be sufficient to meet the licensure requirements in other states for that occupation. Each licensing authority sets and enforces its own professional licensing standards, and these standards are subject to change. Every student should inquire directly to the licensing authority in the jurisdiction where the student plans to seek licensure in order to determine if there are mandatory requirements to be licensed or certified to practice and to confirm that you will meet the requirements for licensure before enrolling in your program of choice.
If you have any questions or if you would like assistance in determining if your selected program is authorized in a particular state, please contact your department or program.
- (18) Teacher Preparation Program Report
Annually, a Title II report on UH’s Teacher Preparation Program is submitted to the Texas Education Agency (TEA). The final report is submitted to the Department of Education by TEA. It can be found on the title2.ed.gov website. College of Education
- (19) Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions (Including Computer Use and File Sharing)
- (20) Constitution Day
Health and Safety
- (21) Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy and 2021 Biennial Review Report
- (22) Vaccinations Policies
- (23) Security Report, Timely Warnings, UH Emergency Notification System and Crime Log.
A Student Notification is emailed to each enrolled student annually
- (24) Security Report − Missing Person Notification Policy
This notice is emailed directly to students and employees.
- (25) Fire Safety Report and Fire Log
- (26) Information for Crime Victims About Disciplinary Hearings
- (27) Retention Rate
- (28) Completion/Graduation Rates
- (29) Placement in Employment
Not Applicable if we do not calculate job placement rates.
Bauer College of Business
- (30) Job Placement Rates
Not Applicable if we do not calculate job placement rates.
University of Houston Law Center
Intercollegiate Athletic Program
- (31) Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data and Academic Success.
UH Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act Report (2018).
- (32) Completion/Graduation and Transfer-out Rates for Students Receiving Athletically Related Student Aid (Including Disaggregated Completion/Graduation Rates).
To view the Graduation Success Rates for The University of Houston, please search for the cohort year and sport you wish to view on ncaa.org.
- (33) Voter Registration Forms
The 1998 Higher Education Act requires all post-secondary institutions to make a good-faith effort to distribute voter registration forms to each degree or certificate-seeking student who attends classes on campus. Pursuant to the Higher Education Act, UH will make voter registration forms available to you on campus once university facilities reopen after closing due to concerns regarding the COVID 19 virus. As UH facilities open in coordination with the university’s phased in reopening strategy, voter registration forms will be available at the Student Center South Information Center, at the Student Center North Commons Desk, in the Dean of Students Office located in Room 256 of the Student Center South, at the Cougar Village, Cougar Village 2, Cougar Place, and Moody Towers service desks located in the residence halls, and at the Bayou Oaks, University Lofts, Cambridge Oaks, and Cullen Oaks management offices. Voter registration forms can also be requested online through the Vote Texas website at votetexas.gov.
Student Complaints may be filed through the following processes, which are further described on these websites:
- (34) UH Student Handbook (Complaints/Problems/Grievances)
- (35) Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)
Note: Prior to the THECB initiating an investigation of a complaint, the complainant must exhaust all of UH’s grievance and appeal procedures. Please see UH Student Handbook for complaint/grievance information. The student must also inform the THECB of the outcome of the grievance and appeal procedures and provide copies of all documentation pertaining to the grievance.
All submitted complaints to THECB must include a student complaint form, a signed Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Consent and Release Form, and a THECB Consent and Agreement Form. Submitted complaints regarding students with disabilities shall also include a signed Authorization to Disclose Medical Record Information form. All forms can be found on THECB website.
Contact information at THECB: Inquiries should be directed to email@example.com.
Texas rules relating to THECB Student Complaint Procedure can be found at 19 Texas Administrative Code, 1.110 et sec.
Disclosure Requirements Relating to Education Loans
- (L-1) State and Federal Grant Assistance
- (L-2)Federal Student Loan Information (including a link to Publications by Dept of Education)
Undergraduate Loans and Graduate Loans
- (L-3)National Student Loan Data System
- (L-4)Entrance Counseling for Student Borrowers
- (L-5)Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers
- (L-6)Private Education Loan Disclosures (Including Self-Certification Form)
- (L-7)Preferred Lender Lists
The University of Houston does not maintain a Preferred Lender List.
- (L-8)Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- (L-9)Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- (L-10)Consolidation Information
- (L-11)Repayment Options for Loans
- (L-12)Deferment & Forbearance