- A completed graduate studies application: Psychology Graduate Program Application.
- An official electronic transcript from each institution attended.
- The GRE will be optional for the fall 2024 application cycle. If you choose to submit GRE scores please have your official GRE scores sent by ETS (Educational Testing Service) to the University of Houston, University Park Campus (Code: 6870). The Department of Psychology will only accept official GRE scores sent from ETS.
- Three letters of recommendation. Your recommender must submit the letter via a link sent to them by the University of Houston Graduate School. Do not send letters to the Department of Psychology as they will not be processed.
- A 2-3 page career statement, please include two faculty members with whom you wish to work during your graduate school process.
- A $50.00 non-refundable processing fee is due at the time of your application submission. Fee must be paid online via CollegeNet.
Submission Process for Domestic Applicants
Program deadlines for receipt of application materials are as follows for fall admission the following academic year:
|December 1||Clinical Psychology|
|December 15||Developmental, Cognitive, & Behavioral Neuroscience|
|December 1||Social Psychology|
|December 15||Industrial/Organizational Psychology|
Mail Address for hard copies:
University of Houston
5000 Gulf Freeway
UH Technology Bridge
Building No. 3, Rm 170
Houston, TX 77204-2105
For Electronic Copy Submissions:
Submission Process for International Applicants
In addition to the materials listed above, the International Admissions Office requires that you submit the following:
- An official copy of your TOEFL scores. Check the UH Graduate School website for additional information: UH Graduate School.
- A $80.00 (US$) processing fee in addition to the departmental processing fee should be paid at the time of your application submission. Fee must be paid online via CollegeNet.
- A letter of financial backing found on the UH Graduate School website (only required if made an offer of admission).
- Two passport size photos (only required if made an offer of admission).
All applicants: For questions about the application process applicants may contact the Academic Affairs Office (email@example.com). Applicants may be nominated for a Presidential Fellowship.