A minor in History consists of 15 semester hours, of which 9 must be at the 3000-4000 level. These are in addition to the 6 semester hours of United States history in the core curriculum. At least 9 semester hours of the minor courses, including 6 at the 3000 or 4000 level, must be completed at the University of Houston. Students must earn a 2.0 grade point average in all History courses attempted at the University.
- A History Minor requires the completion of 15 hours
- 9 hours must be advanced (3000-4000 level)
- 9 hours must be taken in residence (at UH)
- 6 of which must be advanced
- History 1377 and 1378 (or equivalents) may not be applied toward the minor
Contact the Department of History's Undergraduate Advisor for more information.