Skip to main content

How to Declare a Major

To declare your major please submit a General Petition to our advising center via email: No appointment necessary! You are required to have a minimum GPA listed below AND to be currently enrolled or have completed one course within the major desired. General Petitions typically take effect the semester after  the submission. Please only submit your petition once.

HHP Majors that require GPA of 2.3 to declare:

Exercise Science – Primary

Exercise Science – Health Professions

Fitness & Sports

Sport Administration

Human Nutrition & Foods – Nutritional Fitness

HHP Majors that require GPA of 3.0 and junior standing to declare:

Human Nutrition & Foods – ACEND

Human Nutrition & Foods – Nutritional Sciences