Rebecca (Becky) Lowicki
An award-winning, internal communications leader, Becky brings extensive senior-level strategic expertise within a diverse spectrum of industries and Fortune 100 companies, including ExxonMobil, BP, Halliburton, Marathon Oil, UT M.D. Anderson Cancer Center and the Mayor’s Office of Houston, across a diverse array of sectors, including global integrated oil and gas, upstream, oilfield services, healthcare and top-tier higher educational institutions, among others.
With more than 20 years of extensive corporate communications experience, she joined the University of Houston in 2018 as Director of Internal Communications in this new role, providing strategic direction and effective internal communications counsel and partnership—proactively connecting key stakeholders, demonstrating value consistent with reputational branding and alignment and engagement in support of the Division strategic objectives and the overall visionary transformation and core Mission of the University.
Her advanced educational achievements include both a Master's and Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/Communications with a unique talent that blends her strategic operational business acumen with compelling, creative communications that produce effective results.
She has led strategic internal communications during critical change management initiatives, including mergers, spin-offs, workforce restructuring, acquisitions and divestitures, as well as global employee engagement, branding and strategic partnership campaigns.
A two-time past president of IABC Houston, Becky has been recognized for key leadership development opportunities, including the BP Executive Mentoring Program, Marathon Oil Corp Strategic Leadership Program, Leadership Houston and Leadership Texas.
With a passion for community engagement and volunteerism, she is an Editorial Board member, H Magazine, served as Vice Chairman, Magazine Committee, Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, and is a member of the renowned philanthropic Blue Bird Circle, an historic nonprofit women’s organization whose mission and fundraising efforts support leading-edge pediatric neurological research at Texas Children’s Hospital and the Baylor College of Medicine.
- M.J., Journalism, Louisiana State University
- B.A., Journalism/Public Relations, Louisiana State University
- COMM 3369 - Strategic Communication Writing
- Accredited Business Communicator of the International Association of Business Communicators
- Public Relations Society of America (Houston)- 2020 Excalibur Awards Finalist: UH Finals Mania-- How a Passion for Pancakes Supports Students' Success
- Public Relations Society of America (Houston)- 2020 Excalibur Awards Finalist: UHPD Outreach & Engagement Campaign: Behind the Badge
- Public Relations Society of America (Houston)- 2019 Communications Team of the Year - University of Houston Division of Administration & Finance
- Public Relations Society of America (Houston)- Gold Excalibur Award: CFO Newsletter - University of Houston Division of Administration & Finance
- IABC Houston Bronze Quill Awards (multiple)
- IABC District 5 Silver Quill
- Business Marketing Association Lantern Awards (multiple)
- HLSR Gold Quill Awards (multiple)
- 2018 IABC Blue Ribbon Panel
- IABC International Executive Board Program Advisory Committee – 2019-2020
- Two-term past-President (International Association of Business Communicators) Chairman, Bronze Quill Awards; Vice President of Member Services; Treasurer; Membership Marketing and D5 Conference Committee