Instructional Assistant Professor, Director of Undergraduate Studies
Julie B. Fix, APR is president and principal of Fix & Associates, Inc. Public Relations, providing consulting, planning and training in the areas of community relations, issues management, crisis management, marketing communications, special events and political campaigns.
She serves as Director of Undergraduate Studies at the Valenti School of Communication. Previously, Fix was a senior communications specialist in Baylor College of Medicine's Office of Public Affairs. She also worked for The Houston Chronicle and Fort Bend Mirror newspapers, a small Houston public relations agency and an engineering firm where she was responsible for marketing efforts and proposals. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in journalism from the University of Houston, and also did undergraduate work at North Texas State University (now the University of North Texas).
- Accredited in Public Relations, Public Relations Society of America
- Post-Baccalaureate Work, University of Houston, English literature and grammar
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Houston, Journalism major
- Undergraduate Work, North Texas State University
- Public Relations
- Fix, Julie B., and Kelly Papinchak, "Mentor on Demand," Public Relations Society of America New Professionals Affinity Group Newsletter, Sept. 23, 2006
- Fix, Julie B., "The History of the Republican Party of Fort Bend County," www.fortbendgop.org, Oct. 4, 2002.
- Fix, Julie B., "10 Steps to Award Winning Entries," Texas Public Relations Association Tip Sheet, Spring 2002.
- Fix, Julie B., "4 Steps Toward Getting the 'MOST' from Your Marketing Communications," Houston Business Journal, Week of Sept. 17-23, 1999.
- Fix, Julie B., "Fort Bend Political Campaigns: 15 Steps Toward Success," www.fortbendgop.org, Spring 1999.
- She has won awards for writing and for successful communications programs from the Texas Press Association, Texas Public Relations Association, The Press Club of Houston and the Houston Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America.