Instructional Associate Professor
Professor Buck is an instructional associate professor, program coordinator, and liaison between department and distance education. She co-developed technical presentation lab, along with distance education format for fundamental speech course. She was a contributor to two communication texts, publisher: Pearson, (now available e-book and hard copy). She presented at local, national, and international conventions (2000-2006)
- B.A. and M.A. from the University of Houston
- Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- Business and Professional Communication
- Interpersonal Communication, Persuasion, Family Communication, Communication and Aging
- Applied Research in Communication
- Strategic Communication in Business and the Professions: Special 5th Edition for the University of Houston: Dan O’Hair, Gustav W. Friedrich, Lynda Dee Dixon. Contributing Authors: Deborah Bridges and Suzanne Buck, 2005, and 2006, Houghton Mifflin. Division sold to Pearson/ Allyn & Bacon publishing in Fall 2007 currently in 6th edition.
- Public Speaking: Special 4th Edition for the University of Houston: Osborn and Osborn. Contributing Authors: Deborah Bridges and Suzanne Buck, 2004, and 2006, Houghton Mifflin. Division sold to Pearson/ Allyn & Bacon publishing in Fall 2007, currently in 5th edition.
- Media and The Elderly: Dr. Bernd Schorb: University of Leipzig, Germany, Dr. William Douglas, University of Houston. Chapter submission- published Fall 2009.
- Verbal and Non Verbal between Males & Females: Whitney Casey: Great Day Houston, ABC, Professor Deborah Bridges, University of Houston. Chapter submission- publication unconfirmed.