Get help for Sexual Assault - University of Houston
Skip to main content

Get help for Sexual Assault

Any student who is experiencing a crisis related to a sexual assault is strongly encouraged to utilize Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) crisis services by walking into the clinic during regular office hours and asking to speak with the Consultant on Duty. The clinic is located in Student Service Center 1 (4365 Cougar Village Dr.), Room 226.

CAPS will provide immediate psychological support and help connect the student to the best ongoing therapy options for their situation, whether at CAPS or in the Houston community. CAPS will also review options available to the student in the areas of medical care, sexual assault evidence collection, making a police report, and connecting with a victim/survivor advocate. If any of these options are desired by the student, CAPS can assist to mobilize those resources.

CAPS clinicians operate under strict limits of confidentiality. CAPS will release a student’s information only with their written permission or pursuant to a valid court-order.

Title IX Questions and/or complaints regarding sex discrimination or sexual misconduct (such as sexual violence) may be directed to Dr. Richard Anthony Baker, Title IX Coordinator and Assistant VC/VP for Equal Opportunity Services (EOS) or the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights. Dr. Baker’s contact information is below:

Dr. Richard Anthony Baker
4367 Wheeler St
Houston, TX 77204