The University requires that each thesis/dissertation be available to the UH library and the student's home department. For official archiving, an electronic version of the thesis or dissertation must be submitted to the University of Houston Library. [Note: Senior honors theses are not submitted electronically to the Library.] A bound copy is submitted to the student’s home department.
Once the signature pages have been made available to the student, within five (5) business days the student should coordinate electronic submission to the UH Library and binding with the UH Copy Center.
Master theses and dissertations are submitted electronically to the Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Submission and Management System (ETD). Failure to upload thesis/dissertations would result in a delay of degree conferral. [Note: Senior honors theses are not submitted electronically to the Library.]
- Convert your official manuscript to a PDF while omitting the signature page.
- For assistance with this step please visit: https://wikis.tdl.org/tdl/Vireo/Videos
- Upload manuscript to the ETD website.
- Logon requires knowledge of CougarNet Account user name and password. Password reset is available once on ETD website.
- Once logged on, student will need to:
- Verify personal information
- Liecense Agreement
- Document Information (Need committee chairs email address)
- Upload your files
- Confirm and Submit
- For assistance with this step please visit https://wikis.tdl.org/tdl/Vireo/Videos or contact the UH library administrator at email@example.com
- Wait for confirmation from your faculty committee chair and college coordinator that your document has been accepted.
Graduate students must prepare one (1) copy of the thesis or dissertation on high-quality paper for binding. [Note: senior honors thesis students must submit three (3) copies for binding.] The student is responsible for all costs and actions associated with binding and printing.
Prepare copies for binding using the following guidelines:
- All copies must be assembled in exact order including the blank flyleaf pages front and back. The student is responsible for ensuring that the order is followed correctly and that all pages, including signature pages, have been included.
- Print (1) copy of the master’s thesis or dissertation on quality bond paper with a minimum of 25% cotton content. The weight of the paper should be at least 20 Ib. Submit this copy to the UH copy Center for binding. The student may submit additional copies for personal binding at this time; however collection of personal copies is the responsibility of the student.
[For Senior honors thesis only: Print two (2) copies on quality bond paper with a minimum of 25% cotton content. The weight of the paper should be at least 20 Ib. In addition, print one (1) copy on 100% cotton bond for archiving in the MD Anderson Library.]
The Dean's office will distribute one bound copy of the master’s thesis or dissertation to the student’s home department. [For senior honors theses, the Dean’s office will distribute the 100% cotton copy and one (1) 25% cotton copy to the MD Anderson Library, and one (1) 25% cotton copy to the Honors College.].
A scanned copy of the work order from UH Copy Center the bindery ensuring the required UH copies are being bound must be submitted to the Dean's office, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email/scan, copy or fax the register receipt, only the work order that will be provided. Failure to submit the receipt to the Office of the Dean within the required timeframe may result in a delay of degree conferral.
The UH Copy Center (located at welcome center) provides binding services and may be reached at 713 741-5200. Cost of binding varies, from $35.00 per copy as a minimum. (Note: all fees are subject to change without notice.) Please allow 4-6 weeks for the thesis or dissertation to be available.