This document outlines additional procedures for Student Centers vehicles in addition to the procedures outlined in the DSAES Vehicle Procedures. All employees need to adhere to University SAM 01.C.13, MAPP 06.05.03.
The following are procedures to be used when operating Student Centers vehicles:
- Vehicles may be requested/reserved in advance depending on availability. If vehicles are not requested in advance then vehicles are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Vehicles may only be used for University business only, no personal use.
- Vehicles may only be requested by Student Life staff/Graduate Assistants, Student Center & DSAES IT student employees, and University Sponsored Organizations.
- Due to the limited amount of vehicles, each unit may only request up to two carts at a time.
- Student Centers vehicles shall be parked in their designated spaces. The last two spots on the right are assigned for our contracted partners.
- Plug in vehicles after each use so that the batteries will stay charged.
- After hour key return for the vehicles should be delivered to the Student Information Center desk. Keys are to be returned daily. If they are not returned, cart privileges may be suspended
- The vehicles are inspected daily so if there is any damage that was caused while being used by your unit, then your unit be responsible for damages and vehicle privileges may be suspended.
- Special requests or exceptions to these procedures will be reviewed by the Director of the Student Centers.
*A violation of any of the policies and procedures related to vehicle usage may result in a suspension of privileges.
**As an alternative to using Student Center vehicles, requests can be made to Automotive & Fleet management at 713-743-5618.