To be eligible as a Healthy Start program participant you must:
- Live in one of the following zip codes: 77004,77016, 77021, 77033, 77035, 77047, 77067, 77088, 77091,77093
- Eligible women must be of childbearing age and be either not pregnant yet, currently pregnant or postpartum. If a woman has already given birth at time of enrollment her child must be 18 months or younger.
Fathers are eligible too!
Healthy Start father eligibility:
- Must live in one of the following zip codes: 77004,77016, 77021, 77033, 77035, 77047, 77067, 77088, 77091,77093
- Must have a baby or child 18 months or younger.
- Fathers will be able to receive information about fatherhood and referrals to other services they may need.
Women eligible as Healthy Start program participants receive case management that includes education on bonding with your child, referrals for mental health, referrals for other services as needed. Eligible Healthy Start participants are also able to receive a visit by a nurse and may be eligible for doula services if available.
If you would like to enroll yourself or refer someone to the Healthy Start at UH program, please CLICK HERE. Please include at least a first name and phone or e-mail so one of our outreach staff can follow up.