If you are interested in becoming a Police Officer at University of Houston (Main Campus), please contact our Personnel Division.
You can also view and apply for available positions by visiting the University of Houston Human Resources site.
|PO I||PO II||PO III|
|Years of Serivce||0-3 years||4-7 years||8 and above|
- $100 a month for 60 college hours or TCOLE Intermediate certificate.*
- $200 a month for Bachelors degree or TCOLE Advanced certificate.*
- $300 a month for Masters Degree or TCOLE Masters certificate.*
- $10 a month Hazardous Duty pay per each year of completed state service.
|Years of Service||Pay per Month|
|2 but less than 5 years||
|5 but less than 10 years||
|10 but less than 15 years||
|15 but less than 20 years||
|20 or more||
* Educational Incentive pay begins after 1 year of employment. Hours and/or degrees must be obtained from a junior college, college, or university accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, or its counterpart in other regions. An official, sealed transcript is required for the department to keep in the employee’s file if the employee wishes to receive incentive pay for college hours or a degree.