In an effort to better serve UH’s ever-growing campus and community, Parking and Transportation Services offers eligible faculty, staff and students the opportunity to join COAST (Coogs on Alternative and Sustainable Transportation), an incentive program for individuals who carpool or utilize alternative and sustainable options to get to campus.
COAST was launched in 2016 and aligns with a critical goal of the University's long-term growth plan that aims to minimize the number of vehicles traveling to and parking on campus, while also reducing Houston’s carbon footprint by relieving traffic congestion and improving the region’s air quality.
Individuals who are interested in participating in COAST or learning more about it can reach out to the COAST team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, COAST participants will be asked to sign a commuter pledge that states that members of COAST agree to not participate in any other UH PTS subsidized programs.
How to Apply for the COAST Program
Use the following instructions to apply for the COAST carpool or METRO program:
- Sign in to AccessUH
- Go into your myParking account
- Click the “Special Parking Request” button
- Select “COAST METRO” or "COAST Carpool" from the pull-down menu
- Check the agreement buttons and click “Next”
- Fill out the COAST METRO or the COAST Carpool application form
- Save the completed application form
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Choose File” under either “COAST METRO Application” or "COAST Carpool application." Upload completed form.
- Confirm the email address is correct
- Click the “Submit” button