Research Associate Professor
Super Conduct & Adv Materials Department
Contact: email@example.com - (713) 743-3621
Education: Ph.D., Physics
Advanced Electrodes for Renewable Energy Technologies
Nanotubes, nanowires and nanopillars which are under consideration as electrodes for advanced energy generation, storage, and conversion devices.
Artificial Polymer Nanodielectrics
Development of polymer nanodielectric materials for flexible electronics and energy storage solutions. These are artificial metal embedded polymer nanomaterials with high volumetric efficiency and suitable for high energy density high capacitance rating.
Advanced Thin Film Dielectrics for Energy Storage Capacitors
Development of a dual use thin film capacitor technology that can sustain operation at extreme temperatures cycling.
Field Emissive Cold Cathode Technology
Development of field emissive electron sources based on thin film and nanotubes materials. It is expected that these electron sources will lead to advanced communication systems, high temperature sensors,and a significant improvement in the performance of electric ion space-thrusters.
Nitride Materials and Heterostructures
Development of BN-CN-TiN thin films -based structures for applications in microelectronics (MIS, LEDs, and detectors), micro-power devices (high frequency switching power supplies), and passive hard coatings for tribological applications.
- J. Pisonero, L. Lobo, N. Bordel, A. Tempez, A. Bensaoula, N. Badi, and A. Sanz-Medel, "Quantitative depth profile analysis of boron implanted silicon by pulsed-rf-GD-TOFMS", Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells 94, 1352 (2010).
- A. Alemu, A. Freundlich, N. Badi, C. Boney and A. Bensaoula, "Low Temperature Deposited Boron Nitride Thin Films for a Robust Anti-Reflection Coating of Solar Cells", Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells94, 921 (2010).
- N. Badi, A.M. Nair, and A. Bensaoula, "Simulation of Field Emission Pressure Micro Sensors with non-Silicon Membranes", Applied Surface Science 256, 4990 (2010).
- N. Badi and A. Bensaoula, "Nano-Engineered Dielectrics for Energy Storage Solutions", Nanotech 2, 534 (2009).
- A.V. Karabutov, G.A. Shafeev, N. Badi, and A. Bensaoula, "3D Periodic structures grown on silicon by radiation of a pulsed Nd:YAG laser and their field emission properties", Applied Surface Science, 252, 4453 (2006).
- H. Chen, M. N. Iliev, J. R.Liu, K. B. Ma, W.-K. Chu, N. Badi, A. Bensaoula, and E. B. Svedberg, "Room temperature deposition of diamond-like carbon field emitter on flexible substrates", Nuclear instruments and methods in physics research section B 243, 75(2006).
- N. Badi, C. Boney, and A. Bensaoula, "Self-packaged Boron Nitride Capacitor for High Temperature Applications", Journal of Microelectronics and Electronic Packaging, Vol. 1, 4th Qtr, p217 (2004).
- V. Ageev, M. Ugarov, V. Frolov, A. Karabutov, E. Loubnin, N. Badi and A. Bensaoula, " X-ray induced modification of BN thin films electronic properties", J. Appl. Phys.88, 7351 (2000).
- N. Badi, D. Starikov, A. Bensaoula, V. Ageev, A. Karabutov, M. Ugarov, and E. Loubnin, "Laser-Induced Modifications of Carbon Nitride Films", J. Appl. Phys.88, 7197(2000).
- N. Badi, A. Tempez, D. Starikov, A. Bensaoula, V.P.Ageev, A. Karabutov, M.V. Ugarov, V. Frolov, E. Loubnin, K. Waters and A. Shultz, "Field Emission from as-grown and Surface Modified BN and CN Thin Films" J. Vac. Soc.Technol. A 17, 1191 (1999).
- Tempez, N. Badi, J. Kulik, and A. Bensaoula, "Surface composition of BN, CN, and BCN thin films", J. Vac. Soc.Technol. A 16, 2896 (1998)
- N. Badi, A. Bousetta, A. Bensaoula, and H. Aourag, "Dynamical Charge and Force Constant Calculations in c-BN under Pressure", Phys.Stat.Sol.(b) 198, 721 (1996)