OUR MISSIONHonors in Community Health (HICH) seeks to build healthy communities through a multidisciplinary approach to overcoming barriers for underserved populations. This collaborative, student-led organization uses its understanding of the social determinants of health to explore multiple types of service: community engagement, advocacy, and research. HICH provides all students at the University of Houston the opportunity to design, implement, and lead a wide variety of community health projects. Through support from the Honors College, HICH members are given the opportunity to pursue projects that best suit their interests, values, and goals.
Membership fee: $15 per academic year
Our current members, who collectively contribute perspectives from business, math, science, education, engineering, and other disciplines, work together to create measurable and sustainable impacts for our Houston communities. Students who demonstrate a high level of commitment and participation will have the opportunity to design their own community health projects and develop valuable leadership skills.
Recruitment and Development
Recruitment and Development (R&D) provides the backbone to all HICH activities and serves as the communication link that facilitates the flow of information between the various projects within HICH and its members. As part of the R&D team, we welcome and recruit prospective members of all backgrounds and majors.
Directors: Olivia Tran and Sara Syed
Membership Coordinators: Amenda Khoei, Thai Tran, Xiomara Sustaita
Project Head Coordinators: Iman Momin, Audrey Huang, Vivienne Pham
Outreach Coordinators: Huriyah Hasnain, Tammy Tran, Nicole Perez
- A Community Bridge - TMC News
- Unique Program Brings UH Students and Community Together to Tackle Public Health Issues
- Health Disparities - University of Houston Magazine
- Public Health Webinar Discusses Healthcare's future
- PEERS Program Goes Remote
- Pharis Fellowship Scholars Start Individual Experiments to Improve Health of Houston Community
- UH Healthcare Organizations Discuss Racial Disparities in Medicine
- UH CHWI Helping Houston Communities Impacted by COVID-19
- A Glimpse into the PEERS Program
Follow us on social media