Skip to main content

Help Hub

What is the Help Hub? It is an online tool containing information, links, and contacts that may assist you with many of your questions and resource needs.

  • Search our Frequently Ask Questions Database 24/7.
  • Submit a support ticket to the Student Health Center or Academic HealthPlans.
  • Locate contact information and UH Health & Well-Being resources.

If you are experiencing a medical emergency, even if the Student Health Center is open, call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency room.

Submit a Support Ticket to the Student Health Center

Please select the category that best describes who you are.


  • The Student Health Center cannot accept forms or medical records, schedule an appointment, or provide medical advice via email or a support ticket.
  • Enrolled students should use the Healthy Coog Patient Portal to send a secure message to our medical staff or schedule an appointment to discuss any health concerns.
  • The Campus Pharmacy does not communicate via email or support tickets. Please contact the Campus Pharmacy directly by phone or in person.

Support tickets or secure messages to the patient portal are responded to during regular business hours and usually within one business day. When volume is high, it may take up to 72 hours.

UH System Endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan

Academic HealthPlans
Third-Party Administrator

Enrollment, Waiver, Address Change, General Policy, and temporary ID Card Information

Phone: 1-855-824-9683

Submit a Support Ticket to Academic HealthPlans

Academic Blue
Insurance Carrier

Benefits/Claims Information/ID Card

Phone: 1-855-267-0214

Get Help - Frequently Asked Questions Search

Select the Student Health Center Team from the drop-down menu and search by keywords.

Categories and Search Keywords:

  • Eligibility for Student Health Center Services:
    ( Search Keywords: Eligible, Services, Summer)
  • Charges and Insurance
    ( Search Keywords: Charges, Insurance, Cost, Pay, Payment)
  • General Information
    ( Search Keywords: Records, Location, Hours, Payment, Upload, Employment, Volunteering, Form)
  • International Students
    ( Search Keywords: International, Waiver, Hold, Insurance, Activation, Enroll, Refund, Credit, Visa)
  • UH System Endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan
    ( Search Keywords: Cost, Coverage, Dependent, Dental, Vision)
  • UH Immunization and Medical Clearance Requirements
    ( Search Keywords: Immunization, Clearance)

On-Campus Health & Well-Being Resources

Division of Student Affairs

Campus Recreation provides inclusive recreational experiences that inspire student success and lifelong well-being.

Cougars in Recovery (CIR) provides students in recovery from addiction a safe and substance-free environment that assists and supports them as they pursue their academic and professional goals, walk the path of recovery, and participate in the diverse social opportunities available on campus.

Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) promotes the well-being of the diverse campus community by balancing high-quality mental health services and clinical training with accessibility to foster student success through self-discovery, learning, and interpersonal engagement.

The Justin Dart, Jr. Student Accessibility Center equalizes our students' learning, discovery, and engagement by fostering self-advocacy, inclusion, and success.

The Student Health Center & Campus Pharmacy provides cost-effective, comprehensive, compassionate, and quality primary medical, psychiatry, and pharmacy services to all UH students so they can learn best health practices and maintain their focus on successful academic outcomes.

UH Wellness supports you in all your health and well-being needs. We cultivate a community of care to promote and enrich the health and well-being of our students to become successful scholars and engaged global citizens.

  • The Cougar Cupboard is a partnership between the University of Houston and the Houston Food Bank. The cupboard is available to all enrolled undergraduate or graduate students who may need access to additional food.