Skip to main content

Request an Accommodation

If you are a student seeking academic accommodations for a disability, please contact the Justin Dart, Jr. Student Accessibility Center

Please note that EOS provides an accommodation process for pregnant and parenting students. Please visit the policy regarding pregnancy-related accommodations for more information, or contact EOS by phone at 713-743-8835 or by email at to start the process.

If you are an employee seeking a reasonable workplace accommodation for a disability or pregnancy-related condition, please contact EOS by phone at 713-743-8835 or by email at

Reasonable Workplace Accommodation Request Process

EOS works with employees and their supervisor(s) to identify appropriate reasonable accommodations that enable employees with disabilities or pregnancy-related conditions to perform the essential functions of their job.

This is an interactive process, meaning that the employee and EOS communicate with each other about the precise nature of the condition and how the condition impacts the employee at work. Then EOS meets with the employee's supervisor(s) about the employee's request related to the employee's job duties and possible alternative accommodations as applicable. 

To begin the process, the employee will complete the UHS Request for Workplace Accommodation Form, which asks for basic information about the employee's condition(s) and the desired accommodation.

  • Please note employees may provide this form to EOS directly and let their supervisor know they have started the process to make a reasonable accommodation request with EOS (without giving their supervisor the full form and related medical information).
  • Once EOS reviews and confirms any necessary details with the employee, EOS will reach out to the supervisor to discuss the request.

To learn more about reasonable workplace accommodations, please explore the ADA section or Pregnancy and Parenting section of our website.