Beginning in the Fall 2017 semester, the Center for Students with DisABILITIES will provide accommodation forms online. Faculty and students will be receiving additional information through e-mail, presentations, and through our web page.

Students New to CSD

Students who are new to the CSD will create the form during the first meeting with the counselor. After the form is approved, the form can be forwarded to your instructor(s). Afterwards, you need to contact your instructor(s) and wourk out details concerning the accommodations you are requesting.

Students Already Registered with CSD

Students who already have paper accommodation forms will continue using the printed form by coming to CSD and obtaining copies to give to professors. Your counselor will contact you concerning transitioning to an online form.

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How do I get my online form?
    If you are new to the Center for Students with DisABILITIES, submit the appropriate documentation and call 713.743.5400 to set an appointment with a counselor. You can also do this in person by coming by  4369 Cougar Village Dr. (Building 568).
  2. What happens next? or Why don’t I have my form yet?
    You will receive an e-mail notifying you that your form has been approved. Click on the link, login to MyUH, and click on Worklist. Select the link to forward the form to your instructors.

    The form you developed with your counselor will be submitted to the Academic Accommodation Evaluation Committee for approval. If the form is approved, you will receive an e-mail with a link to your form.

    Screenshot of FAQ Online Accommodation Form

    For more information, see the Student's Quick Guide.

  3. I don’t have my form (for this semester)!
    You will need to go back to the e-mail with the link to your online form.

    Save the e-mail when you receive it. Go back to the e-mail and click on the link to your existing form. Forward the form to your current semester professors. If your professor is not listed as yet for your class (STAFF), you will need to return to the link at a later time, usually after the class first meets, and forward the form to your instructors.


  4. In the event that an istructor denies an accommodation…
    Call your CSD counselor and brainstorm the best way to handle the situation.

    Professors are an integral part of the accommodation process because they implement the accommodations.

    They may feel that your accommodation will cause an undue burden to the University of Houston or change the essential nature of the course.

For More Information

For instructions on accessing the existing online accommodation form, please review the Student's Quick Guide.

Please feel free to review the UH System Student Academic Adjustments Auxiliary Aids Academic policy.