Bryan Butler started his career in newspapers at The Bryan-College Station Eagle. During the next 17 years, he worked in news, business and sports at newspapers including the San Antonio Express-News and the Houston Chronicle. Bryan has since spent one year at Platts with the Petrochemicals — Americas team, assisting with coverage of petrochemicals markets and website management. He now works for the Aldine school district as the director of communication and technology for the Human Resources Department.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Kinesiology, Texas A&M University
- Master of Science in Kinesiology, Texas A&M University
- Bachelor of Science in Journalism, Texas A&M University
- COMM 2310 - Writing for Print and Digital Media
- Butler, B. & Sagas, M. (2008). Making room in the lineup: Newspaper Web sites face growing competition for sports fans attentions. International Journal of Sport Communication, 1, 17-25.
- Butler, B., & Sagas, M. (2008). Narrowing the gender gap? A pilot study of high school athletic websites. International Journal of Sport Management
- Infographics, first place in Class AA from the Texas Associated Press Managing Editors, 2000
- Headline Writing, honorable mention in Class AA from the Texas Associated Press Managing Editors, 2000