University of Houston students who need help with textbook expenses can apply for a $400 loan for the fall semester.
The loans can only be used for textbooks at the UH Bookstore in the Student Center. They are available until Wednesday, Sept. 9, at 5 p.m., and must be used no later than Monday, Sept. 21.
To apply for the loan, students should follow these steps:
- Log in to AccessUH
- Select the myUH icon
- Select “Student Financials”
- Select “Optional Fees”
- Select the term for the loan
- Select the magnifying glass icon on the book loan row
- Choose BKLOAN under “Valid Value”
- Click save
Once requested, the funds will be available at the UH Bookstore within a couple of hours.
- In order to use the loan, students should:
- Visit the UH Bookstore in the Student Center
- Gather necessary textbooks and go to the checkout counter
- Mention to the cashier that they have a textbook loan
- The cashier will scan the books and ask for a student ID number and Cougar Card
The loan will appear on a student’s fee bill and is subject to the standard payment terms and conditions. There will also be a $5 service charge fee.