Welcome to the University of Houston family!
As you prepare for the upcoming semester, you may have questions regarding the various programs and resources offered to UH Faculty through the Office of Administration. That's why we have compiled this handy digital reference guide with information and online links.
If you can't find answers to your questions, feel free to reach out to us directly. We're more than glad to help you!
UH Dining Services includes two dining commons, an on-site dietitian and a robust food truck program, in addition to a number of other features for the campus community to enjoy.
Some important things to keep in mind:
- $5 FRIDAY – UH Faculty and staff who wear red on Fridays will be eligible to dine in either of the dining commons for just $5 every Friday.
- MEAL PLANS -We have three different meal plan options available to UH Faculty/Staff. For a full breakdown of your options, visit our meal plan page. To purchase a meal plan, visit the Cougar Card office.
- CATERING – The Fresh Fork provides catering services to the University, as well as surrounding community. An extension of UH Dining Services, visit the program's website to place your next order today.
Whether you’re teaching one class or five, you will likely utilize one or more of the following services offered by UH Parking and Transportation throughout the next school year.
- PERMITS – Anyone parking on campus is required to have a valid UH parking permit; however, to help control our oversell ratios, there are a limited number of each type available each year, so at times, quantities may be limited or unavailable. Visit this blog post to learn more.
- ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM – Planning to carpool or ride the bus or light rail line to campus? You may qualify to join COAST, the University’s alternative and sustainable transportation program that offers incentives and discounts to its members. To learn more, visit its website.
- WORD ON THE STREET BLOG – Visit the department’s regularly updated blog for news and updates on the program straight from Bob Browand, the director of UH’s Parking and Transportation Services.
For as long as you are a University of Houston faculty member, your Cougar Card will be the single most important piece of employee identification you possess.
- CAMPUS ACCOUNTS– Everything from your meal plan to Cougar Cash, Flex dollars and printing privileges (each employee receives $7.50/semester to print on the first floor of the MD Anderson Library) is housed on your Cougar Card, so it's much more than an ID card.
- BUILDING ACCESS – Your Cougar Card is your key to accessing the various buildings you'll be using throughout your career with the University.
- DISCOUNTS AND MORE – Your Cougar Card will get you discounts at a variety of places on and around campus including the UH Bookstore, Cougar Byte and the University Copy Center, among others.
The Cougar Card office is located in the Welcome Center Parking Garage, Suite 151. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The full physical address is listed below:
Welcome Center Parking Garage
4434 University Drive, Suite #151
Nestled among the tree-lined sidewalks in the heart of the University of Houston campus is the historic Cullen Performance Hall, one of the premier entertainment venues in the city of Houston since opening in the fall of 1950. Its cozy, relaxed atmosphere provides the ideal setting for music concerts, public lectures, dance performances and theatrical productions.
- UPCOMING SHOWS – Visit our website to get a full list of all the upcoming shows and events at the venue.
- JOIN OUR FAN CLUB – Stay in the know about everything happening at Cullen Performance Hall by joining our fan club.
- BOOK THE VENUE– From graduation ceremonies to team-building mixers, book the Cullen Performance Hall for your next big event.
The University of Houston Barnes & Noble store will be your one-stop shop for all your campus needs. Stay connected by downloading the "My College Bookstore" app from your App Store or Google Play and get 25 percent off UH merchandise instantly. Visit our website for campus locations and hours.
- SHOP ONLINE – You can shop online 24 hours a day, seven days a week at www.uh.edu/bookstore or www.uhtruefan.com.
- TEXTBOOK LOANS – All UH students can apply for a textbook loan 10 days prior to the start of the semester. To apply, log into AccessUH using your myUH ID and password, select “Student Financials,” then select “Optional Fees.” Select the term and click the magnifying glass on the book loan row. Choose BKLOAN under “Valid Value” and save.
- REPORT COURSE CONTENT INFORMATION – Each semester, reporting what course materials will be required or recommended for your course ensures students get the correct content prior to the start of classes. You can do this online through Faculty Enlight or contact us directly.
Providing top-notch customer service is the number one goal of UH Printing and Postal Services. Make sure to visit our website.
Here are several things you need to know:
- KNOW YOUR ADDRESS – Knowing and using the correct campus mailing address is critical to minimizing delivery delays. The department's website outlines how to address envelopes/packages delivered to the University.
- BUSINESS CARDS AND MORE– Fill out our simple and easy form to order any business cards you'll need. We also do digital and offset printing and more. For a full list of our services, contact us or visit our website.
- DELIVERY SCHEDULES – If you're expecting to send and receive a lot of mail during your time here at the University, it's helpful to become familiar with the delivery schedules. All of that information and more can be found on our website.
With the goal of improving campus life and the natural environment, the Office of Sustainability serves as the hub and resource for UH sustainability efforts.
- PROGRAMS OFFERED – Communicating about sustainability topics through educational and outreach programs is one of the main initiatives of the Office of Sustainability.
- VOLUNTEER IN THE GARDEN OR PRAIRIE – The University of Houston has a pocket prairie on campus donated by the Kay Prairie Conservancy and a campus community garden. If you'd like to volunteer to maintain these areas, reach out via email.
- FARM TO WORK - A partnership between Human Resources' POWER UP Employee Wellness initiative, the UH Office of Sustainability, the Sustainable Food Center of Austin and Plant It Forward, Farm to Work is an initiative that allows UH Faculty and Staff the opportunity to order baskets of fresh produce each week. The goal of the program is to allow employees easy access to fresh fruits and vegetables to help improve health and wellness, as well as support the local economy.
With the goal of improving campus life and the natural environment, the Office of Sustainability serves as the hub for UH sustainability efforts.
- GET THE APP – Take a self-guided tour of the collection with the UH ARTour mobile app.
- PREVIEW THE COLLECTION– Enjoy this virtual tour from the comfort of your office or home.
- THE POLICY THAT STARTED IT ALL– Learn how the collection got started at the University back in 1969.