Skip to main content

International Transfer

How to Apply as an International Transfer

To apply as an International Transfer the following items must be received by the University of Houston by the international dates and deadlines. Please review the International Application Guide before you submit your documents.

  1. Apply Texas Application ( Submit a completed online Apply Texas Application for the University of Houston-Main Campus.
  2. Application Fee of $90. Submit your application with a credit card payment or mail a check or money order to the Office of Admissions. Check or money order must be payable to: University of Houston. The application fee cannot be refunded, waived, or deferred.
  3. Official Academic Credentials. Submit all official transcript(s), mark sheet(s) and degree certificates for each year of attendance from ALL university and/or college(s) attended. Official academic credentials must be submitted in the original language (s) of issue and with an official English translation. Once submitted, all records become the property of the University of Houston and documents will not be returned. For more specific information on accepted official academic credentials go to Official Transcripts and Related Documents
  4. Official Test Scores. TOEFL or IELTS test scores- All applicants are required to show proof of English Language Proficiency. For acceptable test scores and/or exemptions go to English Language Proficiency and Exemptions.

Test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to the University of Houston to be considered official. The University of Houston TOEFL code is 6870. UH only accepts IELTS results delivered electronically by the IELTS test center. No paper Test Forms will be accepted. Please contact the test center directly where you took the IELTS test and request that your test scores be sent to the University of Houston using the IELTS Electronic Download Service. The Office of Admissions will use the highest test score from one test date. Photocopies or other duplication of scores are not acceptable. TOEFL/IELTS scores must not be more than two years old.

Submit I-20 Documents for F-1 Visa

If you wish to receive the Form I-20 in order to apply for an F-1 visa and/or maintain F-1 status, please submit the items below. The items below should be uploaded to your myUH self-service account at  Navigate to UH Self Service> Student Admission and upload documents as PDF files to your To-Do List for the corresponding item.

  • Letter of Financial Backing Form. The form must be less than six months old from the date of the sponsor(s)’ signature(s). Click here for the form.
  • Bank Statement. The bank statement must be less than six months old, and it must indicate a minimum balance of USD 36,550 or the equivalent. To upload, please save all pages into one PDF file.
  • Copy of your passport. Submit a copy of your passport (and U.S. visa, if available). To upload, please save all pages into one PDF file.
  • International Address Form.  International students seeking an I-20 from the University of Houston must provide a physical address outside the United States in their home country. Click here for the form.

University of Houston
Office of Admissions
Welcome Center
4400 University Drive
Houston, Texas 77204-2023