USSEC exists to support the UHS mission by recognizing staff as an integral part of UHS, to promote UHS staff issues through a positive and meaningful exchange of ideas, to provide a positive collaboration between campuses concerning staff issues, and support the need for system wide staff development.
Our purpose is:
- To serve as a system-wide forum for staff to work together to find mechanisms for addressing staff issues at all UHS component campuses
- To represent each UHS staff councils or associations to the Chancellor and the Board of Regents as needed
- To advise the Chancellor on issues of importance to system wide staff
- To assist the UH System in the selection of staff to serve on task forces, committees, and subcommittees
- To serve as the appropriate staff body for the discussion of UHS governance
- To provide recommendations concerning UHS policies and procedures that affect staff system wide