News & Events
CFI volunteers provided new and returning students with directions to class and answers to other questions on the very cold first two days of the Spring 2014 semester, January 13-14. The much warmer Fall 2013 CFI will be held August 25-26.
"25 Staff for 25 Years" have been selected as representatives of UH's Tier One staff in commemoration of Staff Council's 25 Year Celebration.
University of Houston - Staff Council
The University of Houston Staff Council is an advisory body to the President of the University and the University administration.
Staff Council consists of elected staff members from each division who represent the entire staff body.
2014 Staff Council Elections, Tuesday, July 22 - Wednesday, July 23
The 29th annual university-wide election for Staff Council representatives is scheduled for Tuesday, July 22, and Wednesday, July 23, 2014. Voting will be conducted online at http://election.uh.edu between 6:00 a.m. on July 22 and 5:00 p.m. on July 23. Two public polling stations will be available on Tuesday, July 22, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., at University Center (UC), South Building, Lobby Near Entrance, and Ezekiel W. Cullen Building, First Floor Lobby.
2014-2015 Scholarship Winners Announced
Staff Council congratulates the following 2014-2015 Staff Council and University Commission on Women Scholarship winners who were announced at the 2014 Staff Excellence Awards luncheon and presentation on May 22:
- Staff Council Scholarships:
- Celena Flores, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Andrew Kapral, Department of Physics
- Ashley Olheiser, College of Optometry
- Tiffany Roosa, College of Technology
- Karen Weber, The Honors College
- Laura Lee, Department of Educational Psychology
- Francisco Sanchez, Plant Operations-Business Services
- LaToya Thomas, Student Financial Services
- Deidre Tubbs, Comparative Cultural Studies
- Kayla Wallace, Student Housing & Residential Life
- University Commission on Women Scholarships:
- Ashley Askew, College of Optometry
- Collette McFalls, Student Housing & Residential Life
- Hira Ahmed, College of Engineering
- Lyana Salehudedin, Center for Student Involvement
The University of Houston Staff Council and the University Commission on Women are dedicated to providing opportunities for staff members to advance their education. Staff Council and the Commission on Women offer a combined scholarship application each spring. The Commission on Women provides up to five $1000.00 scholarships and the Staff Council provides up to ten $1000.00 scholarships to employees who plan to attend degree or job related academic credit classes during the fall, spring or summer semesters at the University of Houston main campus.
2013-2014 Staff Council Strategic Plan
Staff Council presents its Strategic Plan for this fiscal year 2014. We will use this as a guide to fulfilling the purpose of Staff Council as listed in our Constitution. We hope that by communicating our plans, we can garner support from all UH Staff who have selected us to represent your voice to our great University of Houston.