The Spring 2017 CFI will be held January 17-18.
- 2016 Co-Chairs:
- Dan Olivarez (713-743-8887) firstname.lastname@example.org
Tommie Trevino (832-842-8747) email@example.com
Cougar First Impressions (CFI) is sponsored by UH Staff Council and offers students a chance to receive campus maps, directions to class, and bottled water from UH staff members stationed across campus during the first two days of the Fall semester. CFI has been made possible by generous contributions without utilizing any student fees since 1998.
- To create a sense of community among staff, faculty and students by providing new and returning students with resources and qualitative customer service at key areas on the campus during the first and second day of class.
- To ultimately increase the retention of students at UH.
- To promote student success
- To develop an annual program that is planned and implemented by the Staff Council, which directly benefits the University.
- To give Staff Council members the opportunity to exhibit leadership skills.
- To create a sense of community among staff, faculty and students.
- To increase the retention of students at the University of Houston.