During February, you and your coworkers will receive a mail and email request for support during the Annual UH Gives Back Faculty and Staff Campaign. The three Staff Council priorities in this year's Campaign are:
- Rodger Peters Staff Scholarship—In memory and honor of Rodger Peters, a UH alumnus and committed Staff Council member who worked diligently and effortlessly for the betterment of UH, this scholarship provides opportunities for UH staff to grow through degree programs or job-related courses. This scholarship, referenced as the Staff Council Scholarship in previous communications, rewards those who demonstrate a commitment to academic excellence and a potential to succeed.
- Students of Staff Scholarship—Inspired by the Cougar core value to support and grow our UH family, this new initiative will provide scholarship assistance to University of Houston students who are dependents of University of Houston staff members.
- Professional Development Award—Also inspired by Rodger Peters' passion for supporting staff development opportunities, the Staff Council has created a new initiative to help individual staff members participate in professional development opportunities outside the university.
Also see the campaign letter from Staff Council President Pam Muscarello.
About Rodger Peters
Rodger Peters, a University of Houston alumnus, worked for the Health Center. Among his many services to the University, he was a UH Staff Council member who worked diligently and effortlessly to implement programs, including creating the Staff Council website and communication systems for staff. Rodger was particularly interested in expanding educational opportunities for staff. In an effort to honor Rodger Peters (who passed away in 2004), Staff Council has established a scholarship that will help to continue his legacy of reaching out to aid staff with their educational endeavors.
How Can You Help?
- Make your gift online at giving.uh.edu/uhgivesback
- Talk to your coworkers about why you choose to support these priorities. Talking about why you give and why you are passionate about supporting UH inspires others to take action.
- Reach out to your college/unit-based Development Officer and let them know you're here to help.
- While you will receive a request for the Annual Campaign in February, you are always welcome to make a donation of support at any time.