Welcoming New and Returning Students for the 2015 Spring and Fall Semesters
Cougar First Impressions (CFI) is sponsored by UH Staff Council and offers students a chance to receive campus maps, directions to class and reusable water pouches from UH staff members stationed across campus during the first two days of the Fall semester. Beginning in 2013 a smaller-scale CFI event was started, welcoming new and returning students during the first two days of the Spring semester. CFI has been made possible by generous contributions without student fees since 1998.
- To create a sense of community among staff, faculty and students by providing new and returning students with resources and qualitative customer service at key areas on the campus during the first and second day of class.
- To ultimately increase the retention of students at UH.
- To develop an annual program that is planned and implemented by the Staff Council, which directly benefits the University.
- To give Staff Council members the opportunity to exhibit leadership skills.
- To create a sense of community among staff, faculty and students.
- To increase the retention of students at the University of Houston.