BBA, Sejong University (Seoul, South Korea); MS in Hotel and Restaurant Management, University of Houston; Ph.D. in Hospitality Management, Iowa State University.
Expertise & Research Interests
- Human Resource Management – workforce planning and internal marketing
- Entrepreneurship – entrepreneurial capital in sharing economy platform
- Casino and Gaming Management – employees’ gaming disorder and gender issues in workplaces
- Strategic Management – restaurant firms’ risk management strategies
- Marketing Strategies and Consumer Behavior – advertising and communication strategies
- Research Methods – research design
Author of more than 16 peer-reviewed journal articles and conference proceedings, including Journal of Marketing Management, Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, Journal of Tourism Research and Hospitality, and Hospitality Review; taught more than 10 courses in the past four years, including hospitality law, human resource management, gaming and casino operation management, F&B service management, and hospitality marketing strategies; diverse work experience over the past six years includes everything from the casino industry to diplomatic public services, all of which have been directly converted to research topics and teaching subjects.