Concerned about paying for your education at the University of Houston? Think of it as an investment in your future. Whether you’re an undergraduate or a graduate student, a UH education will pay for itself many times over in higher earnings and expanded opportunities throughout your life.
What’s more, we award a wide range of scholarships, fellowships, and other financial aid to graduate and undergraduates students alike. With our generous financial assistance packages, some UH students find that their actual cost is lower than they had originally expected. We invite you to explore the financial information provided here. We look forward to helping you invest in your future!
Updates For August 18 – September 11, 2014:
- Loans and awarded Scholarships will start disbursing towards your Student Financials account on the afternoon of August 25, if all of your enrollment has started by then, but your refund may not be generated till August 26. If you are enrolled in a session that starts after August 25, your aid will not disburse until all of your sessions start and reach the official reporting date.
- Most Grants require enrollment confirmation and will start disbursing on September 11, if you are meeting the criteria. For undergraduate students, enrollment requirements are at least 9 hours and for graduate students, full-time enrollment is at least 7 hours. If you are enrolled in a session that starts after August 25, your aid will not disburse until all of your sessions start and reach the Official Reporting Date.
- Enrollment requirements for your awards may have changed. Please visit the grants section to review the requirements for disbursement. If you will not be enrolled as a full time student, your award disbursements may be delayed to adjust any potential overawards.
- If you have estimated awards, this will not show up as pending aid on your Student Financials account. We may need additional documentation from you in order to award you actual amounts to replace the pending aid. In the meantime, we advise that you select a payment or deferment plan by August 19 or as soon as possible, if you have not already.
- Processing times for the start of the semester may be longer due to the increase in traffic that the office experiences at the time. We thank you for your patience!
For more information on the disbursement process, please visit our Financial Aid FAQ page.