Concerned about paying for your education at the University of Houston? Think of it as an investment in your future. Whether you’re an undergraduate or a graduate student, a UH education will pay for itself many times over in higher earnings and expanded opportunities throughout your life.
What’s more, we award a wide range of scholarships, fellowships, and other financial aid to graduate and undergraduates students alike. With our generous financial assistance packages, some UH students find that their actual cost is lower than they had originally expected. We invite you to explore the financial information provided here. We look forward to helping you invest in your future!
Updates For January 12 - February 4, 2015:
- Loans and awarded Scholarships will start disbursing towards your Student Financials account on the afternoon of January 20, if all of your enrollment has started by then. Your refund may not be generated till January 21. If you are enrolled in a session that starts after January 20, your aid will not disburse until all of your sessions start and reach the Official Reporting Date.
- Most Grants require enrollment confirmation and will start disbursing on February 5, if you are meeting the enrollment criteria. For undergraduate students, enrollment requirements are at least 9 hours, and for graduate students, full-time enrollment is at least 7 hours. If you are enrolled in a session that starts after January 20, your aid will not disburse until all of your sessions start and reach the Official Reporting Date.
- Enrollment requirements for your awards may have changed. Please visit the grants section to review the requirements for disbursement. If you will not be enrolled as a full-time student, your award disbursements may be delayed to adjust any potential over awards.
- If you have estimated awards, this will not show up as pending aid on your Student Financials account. We may need additional documentation from you in order to award you actual amounts to replace the pending aid. In the meantime, we advise that you select a payment or deferment plan by Janaury 13 or as soon as possible, if you have not done so already.
- Processing times for the start of the term may be longer due to the increase in traffic that the office experiences at the time. We thank you for your patience!
For more information on the disbursement process, please visit our Financial Aid FAQ page.