What is ShastaBUCKS?
ShastaBUCKS is the new name for our current flexible spending account.
ShastaBUCKS is the easy-to-use, cashless form of payment accessible through your Cougar Card. ShastaBUCKS is a convenient option for any cardholder to preload funds to make purchases at any participating on-campus merchant.
Activating your ShastaBUCKS account with a deposit gives you buying power across the entire UH campus as well as our UH Sugar Land location.
Benefits of ShataBUCKS
- Dollar-to-Dollar declining balance account
- No credit card fees
- Provides security and convenience
- No need to carry cash on campus
- On Campus Food Purchases (Residential & Retail Locations)
- On Campus Non-Food Purchases (Textbooks, Apparel, Supplies, & Accessories)
- On Campus Printing
- On Campus Vending Machines – snack and beverage
- Continuous Roll Over (until graduation or departure from University)
- UH Farmer's Market
- Off campus locations
You may close your ShastaBUCKS account at any time. There is a $5 processing fee for closing an account with a balance of $5 or more; balances less than $5 are nonrefundable. Cash withdrawals are not permitted. All refunds from closed ShastaBUCKS accounts will be credited against any debts owed by cardholder to the University of Houston.