Skip to main content

International Graduate

Apply as an International Graduate if you:
  • Are NOT a U.S. Citizen
  • Are NOT a U.S. Permanent Resident
  • Plan to attend the University of Houston on any type of U.S. Visa
  • Have earned a 4-year baccalaureate degree or higher degree from an accredited college or university, equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree.

International Graduate Application Process
Graduate and professional programs have individual admissions process and requirements. International graduate students should contact their chosen college or program to learn about their application and admission requirements. For a listing of all the graduate and professional programs offered by the University of Houston please go to Graduate & Professional Programs.

International graduate applicants must submit evidence of satisfactory completion of university-level studies from an academically accredited program. A complete set of official academic credentials and official diplomas/degree certificates should be sent directly to the University of Houston. All official seals and stamps must be from the affiliated University registrar and not the individual college of attendance. Official academic credentials and related documents must be submitted in the original language along with a certified official English translation (if necessary). For more specific information go to Official Transcripts and Related Documents

The official academic credentials/transcripts should indicate the following:

  • Date studies were undertaken
  • The subjects covered
  • Grades or marks earned in each subject
  • Proof of any degree received
  • Date the degree was conferred

Please note that all application materials sent to the University of Houston become the property of the university and cannot be returned to the applicant.

Because admission requirements are subject to change, applicants are considered for specific semesters only. If you do not enroll for the original semester for which you applied, you must re-apply for the following semester, or subsequent semester of your choice.

Graduate applicants should mail all Official Academic Credentials to your college or graduate program advisor.  To locate the advisor for your college or graduate program, please visit Graduate Programs by College.