Applying to the University of Houston as a freshman is a first step toward your rewarding future.
- The application. Go to applytexas.org and submit your ApplyTexas application for the University of Houston (main campus).
- The $75 Application Fee ($90 for international applicants). Pay the nonrefundable $75 application fee when you submit your ApplyTexas application or mail a check or money order to the Office of Admissions. Your check or money order must be payable to: University of Houston.
- Send your test scores. Official SAT or ACT scores should be sent directly to UH from the testing agency. The University of Houston SAT code is 6870 and the ACT code is 4236. SAT and ACT policy allows students to send test scores to several colleges. The University of Houston will accept the SAT (tests administered prior to March 2016) or the redesigned SAT (tests administered since March 2016) for applicants. Official test scores must have been taken with the last five years.
- Send your high school transcript. Send your official high school transcript with class rank and graduation plan. Official high school transcripts must be sent directly to University of Houston (main campus) from your high school. Your high school counselor or registrar can help you with this process. For fast processing, ask your school to send your transcripts using TREx (for Texas schools only).
(3-5 business day to match your transcript to your file)
If your school cannot send TREx transcripts, UH accepts the following methods:
(The methods below may take a month to match your transcript to your file.)
- Transcripts sent by Parchment, Naviance, etc. (If the service your school uses requests an email address, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Transcripts sent by mail to the Office of Admissions.
Please Note: UH does not accept faxed transcripts or transcripts sent by students via email attachment.
Where to Mail Application Items
If you are submitting your application fee and/or official transcript by mail, please send to:
Office of Admissions
University of Houston
4434 University Drive
Houston, TX 77204-2023