Dr. Hua-Wei Zhou, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Department Chair,
College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences DepartmentFACULTY WEBSITE
Areas of expertise
- Exploration geophysics
- Earthquake seismology
- Digital data processing
- Seismic tomography
Best Paper Award: Hoelting*, C., W. Duncan, M. Gherasim, K. Marfurt, and H. Zhou, A preliminary study of salt flank illumination at Vinton Dome, Louisiana: Do we need lateral wavefield continuation? SEG Expanded Abstracts, 21, 1368-1371, 2002.
- Jing*, H., H. Zhou, and A. Li, Microearthquakes in west Texas: Induced or not? SEG, Expanded Abstracts, 36, 5350-5355, Houston, 2017.
- Deng*, P., H. Zhou, W. Huang, Y. Zhang, Y. Tan, F. Li, and B. Yang, Double-weighted stacking using local similarity, SEG, Expanded Abstracts, 36, 5049-5053, Houston, 2017.
- Thongsang*, P., H. Hu, H. Zhou, and A. Lau, Relexed flatness-constraint of angle-domaincommon-image gathers generating by Poynting vectors via concurrent vector-median-filter, SEG, Expanded Abstracts, 36, 4661-4665, Houston, 2017.
- Bian, A., Y. Ni, Z. Zou, and H. Zhou, Constrained time-lapse waveform inversion for target oriented deep-water exploration, SEG 2017 Workshop: OBN/OBC Tech. & App., 79-82, Beijing, 2017.
- Deng*, P., W. Huang, H. Zhou, and L. Fu, Velocity and attribute analysis using AB semblance: A case study using 2D marine data from the Nankai trough, SEG Intern. Geophys. Conf., 99-103, Qingdao, 2017.
- Wo*, Y., H. Zhou, and F. Wu, A layer-cell approach of near-surface first-arrival tomography, SEG, Expanded Abstract, 35, 2382-2386, Dallas, 2016.
- Wei*, Z., H. Hu, A. Lau, Y. Zheng, and H. Zhou, Joint inversion for microseismic event positions and velocity structure by combining multi-scale deformable-layer tomography and master station earthquake location method, SEG, Expanded Abstract, 35, 2498-2502, Dallas, 2016.
For more publications, see CV below or Google Scholar profile here.
- None available.
Grants and Funded Research
More research information in ResearchGate profile here.