Dr. Guoquan Wang, Associate Professor of Geophysics, Geodesy, and Geosensing Systems Engineering
College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics , Department of Earth and Atmospheric SciencesFACULTY WEBSITE
Areas of expertise
- Coastal hazards (e.g., faulting, subsidence, wetland loss) in the Gulf Coast area
- GPS seismology, strong earthquake ground motion
- Applications of GPS and LIDAR technologies in natural hazards studies
- Geological hazard risk analysis and mitigation
- Field and structural monitoring and instrumentation
- Numerical modeling---Numerical 3D simulation
2009: Career Award, National Science Foundation
More awards on faculty website and CV below.
- Vipulanandan, C., and Mohammed, A., (2016) “XRD and TGA, Swelling and Compacted Properties of Polymer treated Sulfate Contaminated CL Soil” Journal of Testing and Evaluation, Vol. 44, No. 6, pp. 1-16.
- Kearns* T. J., Wang G., Turco M., Welch J., and Tsibanos V. (2017). Houston16: A stable geodetic reference frame for subsidence and faulting study in the Houston metropolitan area, Texas, U.S. Geodesy &Geodynamics (Submitted in August 2017)
- Wang G., Bao Y., Gan W., Geng J., Xiao G., and Shen J. S. (2017). NChina16: A stable geodetic reference frame for geological hazard studies in North China. Journal of Geodynamics (Submitted in June 2017)
- Bao Y., Guo W., Wang G., Gan W., Zhang M., and Shen J. S. (2017). Millimeter-Accuracy Structural Deformation Monitoring Using Stand-Alone GPS: Case Study in Beijing, China. J. Surv. Eng. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)SU.1943-5428.0000242
- Wang G., Turco M., Soler T., Kearns T., and Welch, J. (2017). Comparisons of OPUS and PPP solutions for subsidence monitoring in the greater Houston area. J. Surv. Eng. 143(4), 05017005, doi:10.1061/(ASCE)SU.1943-5428.0000241
- Zhou* X., Wang G., Bao Y., Xiong L., Guzman V., and Kearns T. J. (2017). Delineating Beach and Dune Morphology from Massive Terrestrial Laser Scanning Data Using the Generic Mapping Tools, J. Surv. Eng., 143(4), 04017008, doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)SU.1943- 5428.0000223
- Xiong* L., Wang G., and Wessel P. (2017). Anti-aliasing filtering for deriving highaccuracy DEMs from TLS data: case study at Freeport, Texas, Computers & Geosciences, 100, 125-134. doi:10.1016/j.cageo.2016.11.006
- Yu* J., and Wang G. (2017). Introduction to the GNSS Geodetic Infrastructure in the Gulf of Mexico Region. Survey Review, 352(49), 51-65, doi:10.1080/00396265.2015.1108069.
- Lyu H., Wang G., Shen J. S., Lu L., and Wang G. (2016). Analysis and GIS mapping of flooding hazards on 10 May 2016, Guangzhou, China. Water, 447(8), doi:10.3390/w8100447
For more publications, see research website above, CV below, or visit google scholar page here.
- None available.
Grants and Funded Research
Has raised over $2 million in research funds as a PI (Total > $2.2 million: NSF-$1,531,137; NASA-$69,301; Local Government Agency: $275,900; Local Institutes: $354,057), and over $6 million in research funds as a CO-PI during the past 10 years (2007-2016) (NSF-$6,035,221; Shell Inc. $62,802). The total NSF fund that I received at UH (2012 Fall---2017 Fall) as a PI is over $1.1 million ($1,122,015).
More research information in CV below or ResearchGate profile, here.