Dr. Robert Stewart, Hugh Roy and Lillie Cranz Cullen Distinguished University Chair in Exploration Geophysics, Director of Allied Geophysical Lab
College of Natural Sciences and Mathermatics , Department of Earth and Atmospheric SciencesFACULTY WEBSITE
Areas of expertise
- Exploration geophysics
- Signal processing
- Seismic surveying, processing, and interpretation
- Multicomponent seismic exploration
- Teaching Excellence Award, 2013, College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, University of Houston
- Honorary membership, 2011, Geophysical Society of Houston
- Industry Icons, 2010, Most influential people in the energy industry: 2010-2019: Hart’s E&P Magazine.
- NASA Group Achievement Award, 2010, Robotic Recon Experiment Team: National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- Volunteer Award, 2008, Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists.
- Fellow International, 2007, The Explorers Club of New York.
- Life Membership Award, 2006, Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG, Tulsa) – “exceptional meritorious service to the Society.”
- Honorary Membership Award, 2004, Canadian Society of Exploration Geophysicists (CSEG) – “distinguished contributions in the field of geophysics.”
- Special Achievement Award – Energy and the Environment, 2004, University of Calgary.
- Maclean’s Magazine, 2003, Guide to Canadian Universities – University of Calgary PopularProfs citation.
- Distinguished Achievement Award, 2003, SEG - to a company or institution (CREWES Project) that has "substantially advanced the science of exploration geophysics”.
- Distinguished Educator Award, 1999, SEG – Inaugural Distinguished Educator Program: 13 country global tour, Jan. - July, 1999.
- Du. Y., M.E. Willis, and R.R. Stewart, 2014, VSP migration velocity via residual moveout: Revised in Geophysics.
- Huang, L., R.R. Stewart, S. Sil, and N. Dyaur, 2014, Fluid substitution effects on seismic anisotropy: In press in J. Geophys. Res.
- Hyslop, C. and R. R. Stewart, 2014, Imaging lateral heterogeneity using reflected surface waves: In press in Geophysics.
- Omoboya, O., J.J.S de Figueiredo, L. Huang, N. Dyaur, and R.R. Stewart, 2014, Experimental study of the influence of fluids on seismic azimuthal anisotropy: Revised in J. Petrol. Geophys. Eng.
- Far, M.E., J. J. S. de Figueiredo, R.R. Stewart, J. P. Castagna, D.-H. Han, and N. Dyaur 2014, Measurements of seismic anisotropy and fracture compliances in synthetic fractured media: Geophys. J. Intl., 197, 3, 1845-1857.
- Li, J., Liner, C., and R.R. Stewart, 2014, Time-lapse seismic modeling for CO2 sequestration at the Dickman Oilfield, Kansas: Geophysics, 79,2, B81-B95.
- Zhang, Z., R.R. Stewart, and D. C. Lawton, 2013, Estimating seismic attenuation (Qp & Qs) from rock properties: Can. J. Explor. Geophys., 38, 1, 1-3.
- Khan, S., R.R. Stewart, M. Otoum, and L. Chang, 2013, A geophysical investigation of the active Hockley fault near Houston, Texas: Geophysics, 78, 4, 1-9.
- de Figueiredo, J.J.S., R.R. Stewart, J. Scleicher, N. Dyaur, O. Omoboya, R. Wiley, and A., William, 2013, Shear-wave anisotropy from aligned inclusions: Ultrasonic frequency and attenuation properties: Geophys. J. Intl., Advanced Access Feb.5, 2013, 1-14.
For more publications, see CV below or visit google scholar page here.
- Stewart, R.R., Bertram, M., Gallant, E., 1999, Auto-orienting motion sensing device: U.S. Patent No. 5,866,827.
- Pinnegar, R., McGory, R., and Stewart, R.R., 2009, Processing of seismic data using the S-transform: U.S. Patent. 7,617,053 B2 (Nov. 10, 2009).
Grants and Funded Research
- None available.