Dr. Phaneendra Kondapi, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Director of Subsea Engineering, Director of Engineering Programs.
Cullen College of Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering.FACULTY WEBSITE
Areas of expertise
- Dynamic Simulation
- Numerical Modeling
- Process Control Systems
- Process and Power Plant Training Simulators
- Engineering Management
- Rigid Polymer Foams
- Chair, SPE Flow Assurance Technical Section, 2015
- Chair, SPE Flow Assurance – The Future State of the Art Forum, Newport Beach, CA, 2015
- SPE Teaching Fellow Award, Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) International, 2013
- Outstanding Alumnus Award, College of Engineering, Andhra University, 2013
- Best Student Paper Award, Engineering and Engineering Technology Presentations, Tennessee Academy of Sciences Meeting, 1998
- National Merit Scholarship, State Government of Andhra Pradesh, India
- Mathematical Olympiad Certificate, APAMT, India
More awards and honors on CV below.
- ASME-DSC Magazine, “Flow Assurance: Deja-vu in Subsea Engineering?”, Pages 13-15, March 2015
- E&P Magazine, “Training tomorrow’s subsea engineers”, Pgs. 12-14, August 2014
- Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) 2014 Publication, “Need of the Hour: IndustryReady Education”, Page 19, Tuesday, May 6, 2014
- Phaneendra Kondapi, Need for Industry Ready Education: Flow Assurance Course- A Case Study, Conference Proceedings, OnePetro, 2014 Offshore Technology Conference
- Upstream Technology Magazine, “An ounce of prevention”, Pgs. 52-54, Vol.1, 2014 Oil and Gas Facilities Magazine, “Challenges of Processing and Transporting Heavy Crude”, Pages 22-26, October 2013
- E&P Magazine, “Emerging flow solutions drive industry’s subsea advances”, August 2013
- RIGZONE.com, “Subsea Separation Tops List of Subsea Technology in Demand”, June 6, 2013
- Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) 2013 Publication, “Reviewing Flow Assurance Technologies”, Page 28, Thursday, May 9, 2013
- Phaneendra Kondapi and Randi Moe, Today’s Top 30 Flow Assurance Technologies: Where do they stand?, Conference Proceedings, OnePetro, 2013 Offshore Technology Conference
- Phaneendra Kondapi and Janardhan Davalath, Recirculation Loop Analysis for a Subsea Boosting System, Conference Proceedings, OnePetro, 2012 Offshore Technology Conference
- Phaneendra Kondapi, Anita Sengebusch and Janardhan Davalath, Real-time Monitoring of a Subsea Boosting System, Conference Proceedings, 2012 AIChE Spring Meeting
More publications available in CV below.
- None available.
Grants and Funded Research
- None available.