Dr. Qianmei (May) Feng, Associate Professor
Department of Industrial Engineering, Cullen College of Engineering
Areas of expertise
- Quality and reliability engineering
- Economic optimization in manufacturing
- Applied probability and statistics
Junior Faculty Research Excellence Award, College of Engineering, UH, 2011
Outstanding Teacher Award, Cullen College of Engineering, UH, 2009, 2011
Provost Research Assistant Award, Office of the Provost and Cullen College of Engineering, UH, 2011, 2012
Three articles published in IIE Transactions were featured in the IE Magazine, 2006, 2009, 2010
Highly Commended Award Winner, Emerald Literati Network, 2009
Who’s Who in America, 2010
Madison Who’s Who in Professionals, 2009
- Hu, L., Zhou, M., Xiang, F., Feng, Q., Modeling and Recognition of Steel-Plate Surface Defects Based on a New Backward Boosting Algorithm, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. (In Print)
- Xiang, Y. Coit, D.W., Feng, Q., Zhu, Z., Condition-based Maintenance under Performance-based Contracting. Computers & Industrial Engineering. (In Print)
- Rafiee, K., Feng, Q., Coit, D.W., Reliability Analysis and Condition-based Maintenance for Failure Processes under Degradation-Dependent Hard Failure Threshold. Quality and Reliability Engineering International. (Published online)
- M. Zhou, L. Kong, L. Xie, T. Fu, G. Jiang, Q. Feng, Design and Optimization of Non-circular Mortar Nozzles Using Finite Volume Method and Taguchi Method. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 90(9), 3543-3553, 2017.
- Rafiee, K., Feng, Q., Coit, D.W., Reliability Assessment of Dependent Competing Risks with Generalized Mixed Shock Model. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 159:1-11, 2017.
- Shu, Y., Feng, Q., Kao, E., Liu, H., Levy Driven Non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck Processes for Degradation-Based Reliability Analysis. IIE Transactions, 48(11), 993-1003, 2016.
- Feng, Q., Jiang, L., Coit, D.W., Reliability Analysis and Condition-based Maintenance of Systems with Dependent Degrading Components based on Thermodynamic Physics-of-Failure. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 86(1), 913-923, 2016.
- Song, S., Coit, D.W., Feng, Q., Reliability Analysis of Multiple-Component Series Systems Subject to Hard and Soft Failures with Dependent Shock Effects. IIE Transactions, 48(8), 720-735, 2016.
- Kheirkhah, P., Feng, Q., Travis, L.M., et. al, Prevalence, Predictors and Economic Consequences of No-shows, BMC Health Services Research, , 16(13): 1-6, 2016.
- Shu, Y., Feng, Q., Coit, D.W., Life Distribution Analysis Based on Lévy Subordinators for Degradation with Random Jumps. Naval Research Logistics, 62(6):483-492, 2015.
- Rafiee, K., Feng, Q., Coit, D.W., Condition-Based Maintenance for Repairable Deteriorating Systems subject to Generalized Mixed Shock Model. IEEE Transactions on Reliability. (In Press)
- Feng, Q., Rafiee, K., Keedy, E., Arab, A., Coit, D.W., Song, S., Reliability and Condition-Based Maintenance for Multi-Stent Systems with Stochastic Dependent Competing Risk Processes. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 80(9): 2027-2040, 2015.
- Jiang, L., Feng, Q., Coit, D.W., Modeling Zoned Shock Effects on Stochastic Degradation in Dependent Failure Processes. IIE Transactions, 47(5):460-470, 2015.
- For a more complete list, visit Dr. Feng's research group page: http://www.uh.edu/~qfeng/index.htm
- None available
Grants and Funded Research
- Dr. Feng has received an NSF grant ($348,077) for “Maintenance Planning for Complex Systems in Dynamic Environments” from NSF/CMMI/OE, which will be used to support her research in exploring stochastic degradation-based reliability models and unified maintenance decision-making for heterogeneous complex systems in dynamic environments. July 2017.
- Principal Investigator of “Stent Reliability and Maintenance: Integrating Probabilistic and Physics-of-Failure Models,” (sole PI) Texas Norman Hackerman Advanced Research Program, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, 07/01/2010-08/31/2013, $98,610 (100%).
- Dr. Feng received an additional $20,000 in research assistant support from the Provost’s Office for 2012-2013. This funding is to grant additional resources to faculty who are currently supporting graduate students on external research contracts and grants.
- Dr. Feng received an $20,000 in research assistant support from the Provost’s Office for 2011-2012. This funding is to grant additional resources to faculty who are currently supporting graduate students on external research contracts and grants. 2011.
- Dr. Feng has received a NSF grant ($230,000) for “Integrated Methodology for Quality and Reliability Modeling and Improvement for Advanced and Evolving Technologies” from NSF/CMMI/MES.