Is University Commencement being canceled?
No! The Commencement ceremonies originally scheduled for May 2020 will be rescheduled for late summer or early fall. Check the UH Commencement website often to get the most current information.
What is the new deadline to place online orders for regalia?
Deadline for online orders has been extended to June 5, 2020.
Should I wait to order regalia?
If you know you will participate in the new commencement ceremonies, we suggest ordering your regalia online before the June 5, 2020 deadline if you can.
You can place an order from now up until June 5 or wait until the bulk order arrives in the bookstore around May 18 and purchase it then.
I ordered my regalia online; can I have it shipped?
Yes, we are partnering with our vendor to get online orders shipped to the student. You will receive an email asking if you would like the order shipped and it will give you an opportunity to update the shipping address. PLEASE respond per the instructions on the email as quickly as possible. Once a response is received, it can take up to approximately 28 days for the regalia to arrive to you.
For all other questions regarding regalia, please contact the UH Bookstore at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-741-7095
For all questions regarding invitations, please contact Herff Jones at 1 (800) 837-4235.
Will the rescheduled ceremonies be live-streamed for viewing via the web?
Yes, all ceremonies will be live-streamed.
Has the deadline to apply for graduation been extended?
We have extended the window to apply for Spring 2020 graduation to May 31, 2020. Please see the following links for more information.
Undergraduate Catalog calendar
Graduate Catalog calendar
Will we receive our degree before the new graduation date?
Absolutely. Although we have delayed the ceremonies, we will not be delaying certifying degrees for Spring 2020. Pending any changes to the semester calendar or changes in mail delivery, we will proceed with certifying degrees as normal.
Spring graduates typically start to receive diplomas in early June. It is very important that you update your mailing address with the Office of the University Registrar to ensure you receive your diploma.
For more information please visit the following website.
How do I get my Class Ring?
With the cancelation of the May 2, 2020 Class Ring Ceremony, the UH Alumni Association is devising a plan to have class rings for May graduates blessed by Shasta and distributed to students as soon as possible. December 2020 graduates (or later) who have purchased a ring this semester will receive a communication detailing how to receive their rings now, with the option to give it back to UHAA for blessing in the fall and participate in the ring ceremony. This beloved tradition is very important to us, and we are doing everything possible to ensure that your ring is blessed and delivered to you with all the pride it embodies. For any questions, please contact email@example.com.
For college specific information, please select your college below:
- Micol Rosen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carrie Young, email@example.com 713-743-3172/713-743-3009
- Paula Canada, firstname.lastname@example.org 713-743-0892
- Tim Rosas, email@example.com 713-743-5469
- Brandon Green, firstname.lastname@example.org 713-743-0338
- Sandra Sierra, email@example.com 713-743-1045
- Kimberly Nguyen, firstname.lastname@example.org 832-842-8332
- Undergraduates: Joy Mayer, email@example.com
- Graduate Students: Anna Marchese, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathy Major, email@example.com 713-743-4023
- Jeremy L. Dafoe, firstname.lastname@example.org 713-743-3740
- Anne Sullivan, email@example.com 713-743-3463
- Trang Phan, firstname.lastname@example.org 713-743-3463
- Ashlie Contos, email@example.com 713-743-3463
- Tammy N. Whatley, firstname.lastname@example.org 832-842-8220
- Kathy Dominguez, email@example.com
- Derrick Gabriel, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michele Luman, email@example.com
- Scott Mason, firstname.lastname@example.org 713-743-5572