Ten undergraduate students participated in Fall 2022's final round of exCITE Talks on October 10, 2022. Students presented their experience with internships, learning abroad, service learning, and undergraduate research. Their presentations demonstrated the importance of co-curricular learning in gaining the skills necessary for professional success.
Watch Our Winners
Our Other Finalists
- Ishmam Alam, junior biology major, presented her undergraduate research on the relationship between workplace safety and hypertension.
- Claudia Castano, biochemistry major, shared her experience of working as a emergency room volunteer at Memorial Hermann Hospital.
- Amanual Getaneh, industrial engineering major, shared his internship experience of working with Eaton and how he was able to get this opportunity through National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE).
- Kayla Huhn, junior English and Spanish double major, shared her experience on being a stranger in Costa Rica during her Learning Abroad program.
- Preston Lee, sophomore mathematical biology major, shared the experience of his internship at the Houston Health Museum, where he did a research on how to increase engagement using augmented reality.
- Mielad Ziaee, second year psychology major, presented his research on food scarcity and insecurity in Harris county through the Pharis Fellowship at the Hewlett-Packard Data Science Institute and the Honors College.