The driver of a vehicle involved in a crash resulting only in damage to a vehicle that is driven or attended by a person shall:
- Immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the crash or as close as possible to the scene of the crash without obstructing traffic more than is necessary;
- Immediately return to the scene of the crash if the vehicle is not stopped at the scene of the crash;
- Remain at the scene of the crash until the operator complies with the requirements.
(b) If a crash occurs on a freeway or on an adjacent area of a freeway, and each vehicle involved can be normally and safely driven, drivers shall move the vehicles as soon as possible to a safe area off the freeway or to a designated crash site, if available.
(c) If the person does not stop or does not comply with the requirements the person commits an offense and is punishable by:
- A Class C misdemeanor, if the damage to all vehicles is less than $200; or
- A Class B misdemeanor, if the damage to all vehicles is $200 or more. A person commits an offense if the person does not comply with the requirements of exchanging information. This offense is a Class C misdemeanor.