VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT PHASE CONCLUDED
Healthy Volunteers Needed for Pharmacokinetics Study of Herbal Supplement Antitumor B
(This study is approved by IRB protocol STUDY00001235.)
A research study led by a team in the UH College of Pharmacy Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences and the College of Nursing is being conducted on the herbal supplement antitumor B (or Zeng Sheng Ping), a Chinese herbal mixture composed of six plants. Several studies have been published demonstrating the chemopreventive activity of ATB against various cancers. The purpose of this study is to determine the biological concentrations of key constituents of antitumor B as pharmacologically relevant for achieving the chemopreventive action.
In order to qualify, healthy volunteers must be:
- In good general health and feeling well (no diagnosed disorders/illnesses)
- At least 18 years old
- In the range of 100-180 lbs.
- No known history of substance abuse
The research includes:
- Blood biochemistry test before and after study
- Taking an experimental herbal supplement one time
- Blood and salive collected at different time points
- Compensation provided to participating volunteers
All prospective volunteers must attend one of the following information sessions:
- 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Monday, Nov. 25;
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 26;
- 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Monday, Dec. 2; or
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3.
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. OR 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. OR 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Wed., Jan. 8
All information sessions will be held in Room 2220 (2nd Floor) of the Health 2 building (near Health 1/Optometry and Recreation & Wellness Center), 4849 Calhoun Road, Houston, TX 77204.
RSVPs are required for the information sessions. Please request a seat by emailing Pharmaceutics Ph.D. Student Dinh Bui at email@example.com or Postdoctoral Fellow Rashim Singh, Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View/download PDF for more information on this study.