College Honors Individuals, Organizations for Excellence in Pharmacy Experiential Education in 2021-22
May 13 — At the University of Houston College of Pharmacy's Class of 2022 Graduation Awards reception May 11, the college recognized several pharmacy preceptors and organizations for their excellence in experiential training of Pharm.D. students during the 2021-22 academic year.
The awards and recipients were:
- Health Systems Pharmacy of the Year Award – Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital;
- Outpatient Pharmacy of the Year Award – Avita Pharmacy;
- Hospital Pharmacy Preceptor of the Year Award – Joselin Johny, Pharm.D., Memorial Hermann Sugar Land;
- Institutional Patient Care Preceptor of the Year Award – Ardath Plauche, Pharm.D., RN, BCPS, BCIDP, infectious diseases clinical pharmacist at Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital;
- Ambulatory Care Preceptor of the Year Award – Amy Kelleh, Pharm.D. (’15), BCGP, CDCES, lead integrated clinical pharmacist, CenterWell Senior Primary Care;
- Community Preceptor Award – Joe Isbell, Pharm.D. (’10), pharmacist-in-charge at HEB No. 687 in Houston; and
- Faculty Preceptor of the Year Award – Natalie Rosario, Pharm.D., MPH, BCACP, clinical assistant professor at UHCOP and ambulatory care clinical pharmacist at Vecino Health’s Denver Harbor Family Clinic.