Led by Assistant Vice Chancellor/Assistant Vice President Christa Rieck, Planning Services is responsible for the following:
- Project Planning. The entry point for all planned projects. This team is responsible for working with our University Clients to develop the project scope, establish the project budget, and acquire the proper executive approvals to make the project a reality.
- University Architect. The University Architect manages the Master Plan and the Master Specs and Guidelines for this campus. The Master Plan, along with the Master Specs and Guidelines, are essential to a well-planned campus.
- Engineering Services Team. This team serves a critical role in how we support the campus' existing infrastructure and future development.
- Interior Design Group. This group provides support in developing our interior finish and space standards, as well as manages the furniture selections and procurement on all capital projects.
- Space Management Team. This group is responsible for managing the space database and state reporting for the roughly 16 million square feet on the University of Houston campus.
- Owner's Design Criteria:
- Capital Improvement Plan
- Capital Project Planning
- Non-Capital Project Planning
- Space Management and Analysis
- Campus Mapping